A well-thought-out, informative, and professional-looking email signature is an essential component of your email campaign. That is an effective tool for making your company known in the business world, instilling confidence and trust in your brand, and – most importantly – boosting your conversion rates.
There are a lot of dangerous pitfalls to avoid when it comes to creating a custom email signature. Some of the mistakes described below are easy to forgive, whereas others can cause serious and lasting damage to your brand representation. Make sure you read this post carefully to find out what five things you should never do when working on your digital sign-off.
- Do not include quotes. Motivational quotes are great, but they do not belong in your email signature. Some of your recipients might disagree strongly with the quote you use, or they may even find it offensive. Keep your signature clean and professional – you can share some of the quotes that inspire you when your contact gets to know you better.
- Do not overdo it with links. You might be active on dozens of social media platforms but listing them all on your email signature block makes it look congested and unattractive. Pick up to three channels you use for marketing purposes and consider making these links trackable.
- Do not provide too much contact information. Your email signature should include primary contact information such as your business phone number and website but avoid adding too many details like fax number and home address that the contact will probably never use.
- Do not repeat your email address. People you are emailing already know this, so duplicating your email address in the email signature block is simply redundant. Moreover, it eats up valuable space that can be better used to enter a CTA that sells.
- Do not underestimate the importance of optimization for mobile devices. Remember that many recipients will read your email on their mobile devices, so make sure it looks good and adapts easily to smaller-screen devices.
If creating an email signature is something you cannot or do not want to handle on your own, feel free to entrust this task to Reply’s Email Signature Generator. This functional and flexible instrument is free to use and can deliver incredible results within seconds. Visit https://reply.io/email-signature-generator/ and enter your information to get the generator busy working on an excellent email signature tailored to your unique business needs!